What are the characteristics of stainless steel welded pipe manufacturers when 304 stainless steel plates are bent?
The processing of 304 stainless steel sheet may sometimes be bent. Everyone knows that stainless steel itself has a high yield point, high hardness, and a significant cold work hardening effect. Therefore, the following characteristics may appear during bending.
1. Because the thermal conductivity is poorer than ordinary low carbon steel, the elongation is low, resulting in a large required deformation force;
2.321 stainless steel sheet has a strong tendency to rebound when bending compared to carbon steel;
3. Due to the low elongation rate of stainless steel plate compared to carbon steel, the bending angle R of the workpiece during bending is greater than that of carbon steel, otherwise there may be cracks;
Based on the above characteristics, generally speaking:
1. Under the unit size, the thicker the plate, the greater the bending force required, and as the plate thickness increases, the bending force margin should be greater when selecting the bending equipment;
2. Under the unit size, the greater the tensile strength and the smaller the elongation, the greater the required bending force and the larger the bending angle;
3. The greater the yield strength of the material, the greater the amount of elastic recovery. In order to obtain a 90-degree angle of the bent piece, the smaller the angle of the required knife should be designed. Compared with the same thickness of carbon steel, the bending angle of stainless steel is large, and this should be paid special attention. Otherwise, bending cracks will occur and affect the strength of the workpiece.